Tuesday, April 7, 2015

General Conference

I LOVE General Conference. Thank goodness for modern technology! More and more people have access to the words of living prophets every 6 months. It's fantastic. 

I paid special attention to what the prophets had to say about media. And there were lots of comments on it. Overall the message seemed to be, "Use it wisely." There were praises and cautions concerning the uses of the media, especially the internet and cell phones. Here's Elder Oaks' counsel:


The Deseret News published an article about how people are sharing the gospel on social media. The image above is one of the 60 images the article showcases. Here's the link if you want to pin/share any of them. I think it's really cool.

However, I think the apostles expect us to share more than Pins on our Facebook or Instagram. I think it's important that we stand up and live the counsel they offered in conference. Not only that, but we need to be actively engaged in defending the family, promoting kindness, and securing religious freedom through civic activities and conversations. I hope that as I do so, I can do it with kindness and not be a hypocrite by tearing down others with differing opinions. Let's all #sharegoodness no matter what religion we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment