Thursday, April 2, 2015

Let Me Google That



I wish I could travel back in time to when my parents were my age so I could see how they did things differently. I use google for EVERYTHING. 

I call my mom every time a quick google search fails. My iphone maps app gets me most places. I can compare stores and prices with the touch of a button. What was it like when cell phones weren't a thing?? It sounds kind of nice, but I am grateful for all the good the internet does.


Real Life Example:
I needed a quick alteration on a dress that was my great grandmother's. Needless to say, I didn't want just anyone working on it and messing it up. I jumped on the WWW and looked up nearby tailors and alteration store reviews. Most had normal, mixed reviews, but one place had exceptionally good reviews. I read some of them and they all talked about how they took a vintage or meaningful piece of clothing and she did a great job. So that was that. I took it to her. I guess I will see on Saturday if trusting the reviews proved a good choice or not. But isn't it cool that I didn't have to drive around looking for alteration stores or ask everyone I know if they know of someone who does a good job?!

No comments:

Post a Comment