Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Bag of Chips

So why "Media Munchies?" As I've thought about how to go about blogging about media, I keep coming back to the concept of consumerism. We are constantly consuming in our society whether it is food, information, resources, or media. One of the issues we all face is what we will consume and how it affects us, whether or not we are aware of it.


 Recently, I got in the habit of reading food labels. I have been trying to eat less preservatives and processed foods to try and help the headaches I get. It's done wonders for my critical analysis of food ingredients! So my shopping and consuming of food has radically changed from my previous lackadaisical walk down the grocery aisle. I want this blog to be analogous to my grocery store changes. I hope to be a critical consumer of "virtuous, lovely, good, and praiseworthy"1 media.

So if, like me, you've got a case of the media munchies, let's work on being fine diners!

*I reserve the right to still like Munchies, despite its obvious conflict of interest to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment