Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Elder Perry: Laying Down the Law

I'm getting so excited for General Conference next weekend! It's so amazing that we can hear living prophets' counsel and cautions, wisdom and promises. In preparation, and just in general, I love watching Mormon Messages. Today I watched the newest one about the Ten Commandments. Elder Perry talks about how our world still values some of the commandments but many are ignored and seen as less important. I thought they were things that really went along with our media discussions. For example, no graven images seems to be perpetuated by media portrayals and focus on celebrities and icons putting them on pedestals and seeking to be like them, instead of striving to be more like our Savior. I love Elder Perry's promise that we will find true happiness as we are obedient.


No comments:

Post a Comment