Thursday, March 12, 2015

Dove

I loved our discussion about gender and the media the other day in class. I am continually shocked by how skewed the media is on body image and stereotypes of both men and women. I've been looking for it more and watching commercials yesterday for a show made me so frustrated! One campaign that I love is Dove. I'm sure most people have seen it, but when it came out it had a huge impact and got a lot of attention. Step one is for us to be AWARE of the ways the media twist and manipulate images and portrayals of people!




Just as a bonus, I love pretty much all of their videos. They are so real and so inspiring. I'm a cryer so I confess I sometimes get teary-eyed when I watch them. Let's all be more loving and accepting of ourselves!








No comments:

Post a Comment